Research Grants for PhD students at Portuguese institutions for internships in the USA, hopefully equal to or greater than four months.
The internships presented for evaluation should focus on innovative scientific or technological subjects, while also contributing to a greater alignment between Portuguese and American institutions in the hope of bolstering the knowledge network shared by the two countries and thus facilitating the creation of institutional partnerships.
Funding of up to EUR 1.500/month. Exact value of funding provided will be determined according to the cost estimates presented by the candidate and the average living costs of the region in question.
Applications will be accepted according to the following requirements:
– Portuguese nationality or resident in Portugal;
– PhD student at Portuguese institutions of higher education and/or research centers;
– Internship program;
– Acceptance letter from the US institution, mentioning the internship period of stay;
– Letter of reference from the Portuguese institution to which the applicant is institutionally bound;
– Detailed budget of expected costs and the sources of funding applied for to finance this internship.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted through our online application system.
Apply here (https://si.flad.pt)
Internships scheduled to begin between January 1 and June 30, 2019:
– Applications: Submitted by October 31, 2018.
– Results: Announced by December 31, 2018.
Internships scheduled to begin between July 1 and December 31, 2019:
– Applications: Submitted by April 30, 2019.
– Results: Announced by June 30, 2019.